Welcome to Santa Rosa
Urban center of Sonoma County wine country
As the metropolitan heart of wine country, Santa Rosa
is one of North Bay’s liveliest and most eclectic cities. Its central location makes it easy to get to nearby cities like San Francisco, but Santa Rosa still boasts numerous charms that distinguish it from other Sonoma County towns.
This urban hotspot is known for its amazing downtown district, world-class wine, and unique cultural attractions. With a strong economy and great job opportunities in education, healthcare, and government (many people work for the City of Santa Rosa), Santa Rosa has become a genuine haven for families and professionals. Given the community’s friendly, down-to-earth vibe and Santa Rosa’s great climate––300 days of sunshine per year––there is no denying that the city is a fantastic place to live.
If you plan to move to Santa Rosa, you’ll have a diverse selection of housing options to choose from. Santa Rosa's homes for sale
vary as the local real estate market can feature historic homes, new construction, single-family homes, modern houses, and everything in between for sale. Luxury buyers should look toward the town’s northeast sector, and if you’re interested in purchasing significant acreage or even starting your own vineyard, Santa Rosa's real estate options within the Sonoma County wine country are ideal.
Even though there is a strong focus on wine and beer in Santa Rosa due to its location in the Sonoma wine region, you’ll still find plenty of family-friendly events and restaurants throughout the area. Santa Rosa features five historic residential neighborhoods, multiple shopping centers, dozens of hotels, and restaurants ranging from fast-casual to high-end dining.
Santa Rosa is home to the North Bay’s best Italian restaurant, Lococo’s Cucina Rustica
, an authentic old-world restaurant in a homey, rustic interior. Jackson’s Bar and Oven
is one of the few bars that is actually kid-friendly. An excellent hangout spot, Jackson’s serves innovative cocktails alongside wood-fired pizzas. Those craving authentic Southeast Asian cuisine will love SEA Thai Bistro
When it comes to entertainment, you’ll never have a shortage of things to do in this picturesque town.
- Santa Rosa’s Railroad Square Historic District is considered the historic heart of “Old Town” and has evolved into a popular restaurant and antique row.
- Throughout the town, you’ll find dozens of curated boutiques and farmers markets. Santa Rosa actually hosts the largest farmers market in Sonoma County.
- Sonoma County Restaurant Week is one of the North Bay’s finest culinary experiences.
- Keep track of the Sonoma County Fairgrounds events calendar to know what the exhibition center will host next, from horse racing to the annual county fair.
- If you’re looking for something more active, there’s Howarth Park, a 152-acre community area with a beautiful lake perfect for fishing and boating. Kids also love to ride the park’s small train.
- Each year, Santa Rosa hosts a full-distance IRONMAN triathlon.
The Santa Rosa School District
combines the Santa Rosa Elementary School District with the Santa Rosa High School District. There are several great private schools in the area, too, such as Sonoma Academy
Search All Homes