Whether you’re leaving town or upgrading to a new space, selling your home is an exciting chapter of your life’s story – and we can help you get prepared! Follow this guide to make sure you have everything in order before you close your front door for the last time.
Consider The Reasons To List With A Realtor
- PRICE: Homeowners who sell on their own typically generate $47,000 less than if listing with an experienced agent like myself.
- TIME: Let us handle the open houses, the listing flyers, the website updates. Your time is precious and this is our job to handle!
- ACCESS TO BUYERS: We have full lists of buyers and their interests to save time and help find the best candidate quickly and seamlessly.
- EXPERIENCE: The paperwork involved in selling a home can be overwhelming but we can help you immensely here.
What I Offer Sellers:
- I am data-driven by nature; I like to take a professional, structured, and organized approach to marketing and selling homes while holding market analysis and data points as king. But past the data, I am incredibly communicative, informative, engaging, and easy to work with. You’ll never have to worry about not hearing from me!
- One of the most helpful things I offer my clients is a Pre-Home Listing Seller Information Package. This provides clients the opportunity to review important information they need to be aware of as they prepare to enter into a real estate transaction, without the stress of being under an immediate time constraint.
- I have a comprehensive team of experienced professionals that I’ve worked with for years – Title Officers, Vendors, Appraisers, Marketing Heads – all of which work hard to get you the best offer for your home.
- Another thing that comes along with working with an experienced realtor such as myself is that I’m well known in the community and an active member of global luxury real estate networks; brokers, lenders, and agents want to work with me and since we’ve done this process many times together, it can be an incredibly seamless process for you.
- And I promise you this: we will have some fun!
1. You’ve Decided To Sell With Us. Now What?
- Pick a date that you’d like to be out by. Ask us for advice on best practices here in terms of more popular seasons to sell or the current market trends.
- Let’s look at the neighborhood and previous local sales and start to settle on the price we all think is fair for your home. We will establish the maximum listing price as well as the minimum listing price.
2. Make Sure Your Finances Are In Order
- Review the loan payout on your current mortgage so we can determine your gain or loss.
- If you’re going to be buying a new home in the near future, make sure your credit score is in line.
3. Get Your Home Ready!
- We’re going to be taking lots of photos of your home so now is the time to touch up any cabinets, get the stains out of the carpets, or other small changes that will enhance the look of your home.
- Consider getting a professional deep clean done if there have been considerable pet stains, dirt buildup, or other instances of wear and tear.
- We will send you the listing description to approve beforehand but remember to tell us any details you think will help sell the home such as a recently replaced roof, handmade built-ins, special trees or flowers you’ve planted, etc.
- Declutter rooms and throw out things you don’t need, especially from storage spaces since lots of buyers will peek inside those during the tour. This will come in handy during the move-out process that is coming soon anyways!
- Start to store away personal touches you don’t want in the professional photos of your house. Also, make sure to put all valuables in a safe place.
- Weed your garden and mow your lawn to make sure it looks fabulous.
- Think about buying a new welcome mat for the front door - the entryway is the first impression a buyer has of your home so let’s make it great!
- Let us know dates and times that you do NOT want the house shown. This could include times like Sunday mornings or after-school hours.
4. Your House Is Officially On The Market!
- Once we start to show the house, make sure it is being kept in a tidy manner. You don’t want to be scrambling to clean right before we come in with potential buyers.
- It’s time to start thinking about moving out: be prepared by organizing things you are taking and donating/throwing away things you aren’t.
- If you are buying new appliances for your next home, let us know if you’d like to sell your current appliances to the buyer.
5. Accepting An Offer
- Discuss offers that are coming in with your agent and let the negotiations begin.
- For each offer, consider all the factors: offer price, pre-approval letters, personal letters written by the buyers, contingencies like repairs/financing, earnest money deposits and closing date requested.
- Once we have reached a purchase agreement, we’ll enter into escrow. During this time we receive the move-out date and other duties needed such as ordering a title report, scheduling the appraisal, and conducting an inspection.
- Meet with the property appraiser to make sure the price we are selling for is fair. Keep your home very clean and tidy before the appraiser appointment!
- If the property inspection uncovers a serious issue, the buyer reserves the right to back out. Be prepared to fix these issues or alter the price in keeping with what they want. Once we come to terms, we will ask the buyer to lift their contingencies in writing.
- Read through the closing documents in detail with us and your lawyer (if needed!)
- Once those papers are verified, the property is sold!
- Schedule your move-out date with the moving company.
- Cancel utilities/services or transfer to your new address.
- Hand over the keys and ride off into the sunset!
We hope you found this guide helpful and informative to the process of selling a home. We would be thrilled to assist you in your sale and promise to make this important milestone as seamless as possible. We look forward to speaking with you soon!